The wastewater treatment plant (WWTP) of Rubí had a 195kW cogeneration plant composed of three 65 kW microturbines, each one produced electricity and hot water at 80ºC. The plant had also a biogas recovery system. This biogas was used as fuel in the cogeneration plant.
AESA carried out a comprehensive audit of the WWTP of Rubí with the aim of detecting weaknesses in operation, points of improvement in energy efficiency and possible design deficiencies in the plant so that the main points of improvement could be identified, make a planning and an implementation proposal for the measures and, after that, carry out a monitoring plan. For that, the following actions were carried out, among others:
- Measurement and reporting on the evolution of electricity consumption (intensity and voltage for each phase, active and reactive power), power factor, phase imbalance, etc.
- Measurement and reporting of main loads and pumping groups of the installation
- Measurement of the main flows of the WWTP
- Measurement of temperature gradients in pipes and energy sources
- Measurement of electric panels with thermographic cameras
- Measurement of lighting data of the installation (under the compliance of RD 82/2005)
Client: EDAR RUBÍ
Sector: Wastewater Treatment Plant